Friday, December 27, 2019

MISSION: CULTURE

Process:

My goals for this missions are to:
* Design and develop a presentation that discusses The Trouble with Internet Trolling.
* Present a case study that demonstrates this topic.
* Present it to an audience explaining and demonstrating internet trolls.
* Understand how trolling has an effect on humans on social media.
* Learn how to prevent trolling

I chose to do this mission as I know a lot about trolling and its an easy topic for me to understand.
The end product I hope to produce for this mission is a detailed presentation expressing the severity of trolling, as well as explaining what trolling is in detail and how it has had an affect on people on social media. With that I would like to present a case study demonstrating trolling through the perspective of a celebrity and how it has had an affect on them. I would like the presentation to contain slides covering how social media platforms try their best to further prevent trolling, and what measures are taken to work against such a horrible act. Visually speaking, I would like the presentation to be appealing to the viewers, visually expressing the culture of trolling, such as “troll face”. In the presentation I would like to discuss how the word trolling has evolved. I would also like to include facts and statistics related to trolling, I.e. how many people in average encounter internet trolls. This is to get a more statistical idea that would further contribute to my learning in detail.

Resources that could help me along the way would be a good presentation program. Examples of this are powerpoint and or Google slides. I made a decision to use Google slides as it can be accessed by all members of the group, and It allows artistic freedom, meaning I can add to the presentation visually and design it to further suit and better demonstrate the topic being discussed. Google it self could help me along the way considering I need to further research this topic and acquire images for demonstration purposes. Another source that can help me with my research is Youtube. I can watch trolling related documentaries and learn techniques and tricks people use to remain anonymous online whilst conducting this hateful act.

I want to learn why trolls do what they do. How their own lives have been shaped to contribute to them wanting to bully and project their insecurities and hate onto others. I want to explore trolling and learn to what extent a troll may go in order to really hurt someone online. I want to learn I trolls may have past trauma that contributes to this, as trolls can be victims too, could they be forced to troll? Do they fully understand the wrong in what they do?
Is boredom a factor that associates with this action?

And lastly I would like to raise awareness. I want my audience to know what measures they can take when encountering an internet troll. How they can avoid internet trolls. And how to completely diffuse an internet troll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MISSION: CULTURE

Process : My goals for this missions are to: * Design and develop a presentation that discusses The Trouble with Internet Trolling. * Prese...